Bar Success Program
The Sturm College of Law has implemented a Bar Success Program to help JD students improve their academic performance and achieve success on the bar exam. Students who have a cumulative GPA below 3.0 at the end of either Fall or Spring semester are automatically placed in the Bar Success Program in order to ensure that we can fully support you during your time at the law school.
Students in the Bar Success Program must satisfy the following requirements to graduate:
- Enroll in and pass the class Intermediate Legal Analysis (ILA) in the first available Fall after they have been placed in the Bar Success Program.
- Early in the semester in which they are placed in the Bar Success Program, meet with Professor Diane Kraft, Director of the Academic Achievement Program (email@example.com), Professor Scott Johns, Director of the Bar Success Program (firstname.lastname@example.org), or Professor Christopher Engle-Newman, Assistant Director of Bar Success (Christopher.S.Newman@du.edu).
- It is highly recommended that students in the Bar Success Program connect with the Office of Student Affairs.
- Participate in programming as communicated by Professor Kraft, Professor Johns, or Professor Engle-Newman.
- Before registration, submit a list of the classes they intend to register for in the following term for review by members of the Academic Achievement Program and Bar Success Program. Additional instructions will be shared with you closer to the time.
- In the final semester before graduation, enroll in and pass the class Legal Analysis Strategies (LAS).
You can find a description of the Bar Success Program in the Student Handbook here.
For questions, please contact: