JD Degree Requirements
To graduate with a Juris Doctor degree, a student must:
- Complete and pass all required courses
- Complete 90 semester hours, with no more than 25 out-of-class credits.
- Complete the public service requirement, the upper level writing requirement, the experiential coursework requirement, and the career and professional development requirement. More information about these requirements can be found in the Student Handbook.
- Earn a cumulative grade point average of no less than 2.3.
- Earn all credits within 84 months (7 years).
Students are responsible for tracking their progress towards completion of degree requirements using the online degree audit available in my.du.edu. Additionally, please find a comprehensive PDF version of the JD degree plan here.