RMLUI is governed by its advisory board, members of which are leading academics and practitioners in the fields of law, planning, policy, development, and design. The Institute's program and day-to-day activities are managed by its Executive Director with assistance from our professional staff and team of student Research Associates. For more information, please visit the Staff page.
Thomas J. Ragonetti, Esq., is a senior shareholder and director of Otten, Johnson, Robinson, Neff & Ragonetti, P.C., a leading commercial law firm in Denver, where he specializes in land use, government regulation, urban and real estate development, and construction law. He represents private and public sector clients locally and nationally in matters involving complex governmental approvals and large scale development and construction and is active in civic matters including the same issues. Mr. Ragonetti has degrees in law from Harvard Law School and in City Planning from Cornell University. He is an adjunct professor in the School of Architecture and Planning, University of Colorado at Denver, where he teaches Growth Management, and an adjunct professor in Sturm College of Law at the University of Denver, where he teaches Land Use Planning. He is President of The Rocky Mountain Land Use Institute and has served on the Colorado Land Use Commission. Mr. Ragonetti frequently chairs and speaks in continuing legal education and planning programs devoted to land use, development, and related topics.
Dean, Sturm College of Law
- Heidi Aggelar, Root Policy Research
- Cameron Artigue, Gammage and Burnham
- Brad Calvert, City of Steamboat Springs
- Erin Clark, Denver Housing
- Prof. Brian J. Connolly, University of Michigan Ross School of Business
- Elisabeth Cortese, McGeady Becher
- Donald L. Elliott, Clarion Associates
- Elizabeth Garvin, Clarion Associates
- Barbara Green, Sullivan Green Seavy
- Heather Hannon, Lincoln Institute of Land Policy
- Prof. Jan G. Laitos, University of Denver Sturm College of Law
- Sheila Lynch, Denver Regional Council of Governments
- Matthew McKinney, Center for Natural Resources
- Prof. John Travis Marshall, Georgia State University College of Law
- Dwight H. Merriam, Esq., FAICP, Dwight Merriam, Attorney at Law
- Prof. Stephen Miller, University of Idaho College of Law
- Jason Morris, Withey Morris
- Dr. Arthur (Chris) Nelson, FAICP, University of Arizona (emeritus)
- Luther Propst, Luther Propst Consulting
- Florence Raitano, Denver Regional Council of Governments
- Sarah M. Rockwell, Kaplan Kirsch & Rockwell
- Prof. Jonathan Rosenbloom, Albany Law School
- Prof. Sarah Schindler, University of Denver Sturm College of Law
- Chris Shears, FAIA, Shears Adkins Rockmore
- Carolynne White, Brownstein Hyatt Farber and Schreck
- Christopher Duerksen, Esq.
- Robert H. Freilich, Esq.
- Douglas A. Jorden, Esq.
- Professor Julian Conrad Juergensmeyer
- Lawrence R. Kueter, Law Office of Lawrence R. Kueter
- Anita P. Miller
- Mary Kay Peck
- Peter Pollock
- Professor Ed Ziegler
- Darlene Cisneros
- Mary Jo Dougherty